Transferring your assets from the Ethereum Mainchain to the Polygon (Matic) Mainnet
Note: ERC20 and Polygon (Matic) address on Metamask are the same. Therefore, there are two ways to transfer your assets from the Ethereum Mainchain to the Matic Mainnet.
- Transfer/deposit assets between wallets that use Polygon (Matic) Network; Or withdraw assets from cryptocurrency exchanges that support the Polygon (Matic) Network to Metamask Wallet.
- If you have MATIC or USDT in your Matamask wallet, you can transfer your assets from the Ethereum Mainchain to the Matic Mainnet.
Step 1: Visit https://wallet.matic.network/ and connect to Metamask wallet.
After you’re connected, you will see the following interface:
Step 2: To transfer/ Deposit MATIC, you need to select the Plasma Bridge as the transfer mode. Click on “Deposit”, enter the amount of MATIC you’d like to transfer, and then click “Transfer”.
There are 3 steps in this process:
Step 3: If you are transferring Ethereum or ERC-20 assets, make sure you have the “PoS Bridge” selected as the transfer mode. For example, to Transferring/ Depositing USDT, click “Deposit”, enter the amount of USDT, then click “Transfer”.
USDT Transferring process has 3 steps also:
Step 4: After you transfer successfully, you will see the following screen:
- You need ETH in your Metamask wallet to cover the gas.
- The higher Gas that you pay, the faster speed is.
- The transaction process can take several minutes.
-> Go to the third section.